My name is Dezzie.
I do 70/30-ish computational design/design thinking work on IBM Watson Conversation.
Sometimes I speak at conferences, if I have something worthwhile to say. I prefer to teach, write, or help youth figure out if this industry is for them.
I spend too much time thinking about the existential Internet things:
- Is it AI or not?!
- Internet history
- Diversity and inclusion in the industry: increasing it, defining it, brooding about it.
- Ethics and morality of the web, particularly things that affect the poor and marginalized
- Keeping the Internet free, open, and accessible to everyone
- Reducing design vulgarity (in the Vignellian sense)
- Why did Google Reader and Geocities have to abandon me? (or, "letting go of my 12" PowerBook")
Things I care about off the Internet:
- Telling people how much I like the Internet
- Making food, eating food, and burning off food
- Taking things apart
- Organizing things neatly
- (Seriously) Trying to get better at reading, writing, mothering (!), teaching, 3-octave major/minor scales, and not working